Allergy Relief with Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning
The latest revision of Australian Standard AS3733 which covers Carpet Cleaning was “ to recognize the importance of carpet maintenance as a contributing factor to indoor air quality as well as maximizing both appearance retention and the wear life of a carpet.”
A connection long since recognized by ChemDry as detailed in our Home Health Study
A report in 2007 by the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy estimated that 4.1 million Australians (19.6% of the population) had at least one allergic disease with Asthma affecting 1 in 5 children and 1 in 10 adults. Recent studies have shown that you do not have to remove carpeting to control your allergy symptoms as long as it is properly and effectively cleaned.
Common allergens are constantly moving around in the air you breathe and soft surfaces such as carpets, rugs and upholstery actually act as giant filters, trapping these allergens and keeping them out of the air you and your family breathe. But, just like an air filter, carpets become full over time and must be properly cleaned to remain most effective at trapping particulates as they settle from the air.
Chem-Dry Tested and Proven To Remove Allergens
Chem-Dry wanted to find out how effective our cleaning process is in eliminating allergens from your home. So we commissioned a leading independent air quality laboratory to conduct a study using Chem-Dry’s Hot Carbonating Extraction (HCE) process in multiple homes. The lab found that Chem-Dry removes an average of 98.1% of common household allergens from the carpets and upholstery we clean. The common allergens we tested include cat and dog dander and dust mite allergen.
This means there are less allergens in your home to trigger an attack. And because we use 80% less water than typical steam cleaning, there is no excess water left behind to cause mold or mildew issues and a shorter dry time of only a few hours. This is why Chem-Dry cleans for your health like no one else.
Low Season Special – Free Sanitize with all Carpet Clean Treatments.
Call 0432 446 722 today to book this offer.
To maximize your cleaning efforts to reduce allergens, here are some additional simple things you can do to manage allergies at home:
- Have your Mattress cleaned professionally once a year to remove dust mites. Regular Mattress Cleaning also helps reduce the severity of frequent allergies by neutralizing pollen and other allergens, freeing you and your family from seasonal suffering.
- Dust to control mites. By dusting surface and washing bedding often, you can control the amount of dust mites in your home.
- Vacuum often. Vacuuming once or twice a week will reduce the surface dust mites and animal dander in your home. Use a high quality 3 stage HEPA filter type vacuum.
- Reduce pet dander. Wash house pets weekly to cut down on the amount of allergens in your home. In between baths, wipe down pets when they return from outdoors.
- Shut out pollen. Keep windows and doors closed to keep pollen out. Use an air filter and change it regularly.
- Limit dirt intrusion. Put out a durable entrance mat for people to wipe off their feet before entering your home. Then require everyone to take off their shoes so less dirt is tracked inside.